Sunday, November 21, 2010

Barcelona & Duncan's visit

First and foremost I apologize for not posting in forever! Turns out I really hate this whole blogging thing. But here's the story!
Well well well Duncan arrived Monday October 25. I met him at the train station with Adrian who I randomly bumped into. Monday there was a pirate party at Oleary’s so we obviously had to get costumes. So we went to the mall and found some decent pirate stuff, went home and ate spaghetti with Annakarin, and then went to Brett’s for the preparty. It was suuper fun and there were lots of people and so we headed out to Olearys and had a blast! Small dance floor, but enough pirates there to make it fun. It went downhill, however, when Isabelle fell on a table and broke it so then everyone decided we had to take her home and that was unfortunately the end of the night :(

So Tuesday I thought I’d go out and show him the town. Now originally we were supposed to go to Barcelona Wednesday-Saturday but he heard from someone in another contry that he just HAD to go to our student pub Akadamien which is on Wednesdays so I suggested we switch out flight to leaving Friday morning instead so we could party at Aka. So anyway, Tuesday we slept in quite late, went to lunch at lingon with annakarin (my favourite favourite restaurant), I showed him the town a bit and then Tuesday we went to the gym with Johan and AK. Johan and Duncan worked out and me and AK did kick box! Then we just went back to mine and watched a movie and hit the hay. So Wednesday I switched my flight over the phone and signed him into the Akadamien. But when we went home to switch his flight the flights were full! So we had to do some serious problem solving so we decided we’d go to Aka and then he’d leave right from the bar to the train station to catch the flight..and we did just that! Chaotic and exhausting, but worth it (I hope)

So Thursday I was to do exactly what Duncan did--leave for the train to Stockholm after having been out! So I forced Johan to to take me to the bus and he was SO mad that I wouldn’t let him just abandon me at the bus. We were literally sprnting and running around looking for the bus and he was screaming out how much he hates me, but I know it’s pure love. So I got on the bus at 1:45 am! Tried to sleep as much as I could but it was quite crammed! Then off the bus and onto another bus to get to the Stockholm airport that I took to Barcelona.

So I get into Barcelona after a loooong trip and 2 days with a very minimal amount of sleep. So I met up with Duncan and Barcelona was SO cool! It was so warm and all along the streets were people doing really weird stuff for money. They would sit in these weird costumes and just sit still ALL day and people would drop money in their hats so we walked around looking at that stuff for a while. Then we went to some humungo church that has taken 150 years to build and it’s STILL not finished. The inefficient and waste of mmoney and human resources made me SO fricken mad that I didn’t even want to look at the church any more because I was so pissed at how stupid the gov’t was being to continue building this church! So then we went to the beach where we found a cool Irish dude who took us around on a little bike thing and showed us the places you can purchase cannabis which are apparently located on the official Barcelona map (we didn’t buy any, obviously). And we got REALLY amazing ice cream at this place on the beach and all along the beach they had these people who would spend like a whole day making this CRAZY INCREDIBLE sand sculptures (for money, of course). Then we went back to the hostel to regroup where we met this crazy Australian who came in talking about all the cocaine he did yesterday and so generously offered to do some cocaine with us, which we politely declined. Then we went into the downtown Barcelona area looking for stuff to do. We ended up going to a flamenco show! So we got a buffet of really traditional Spanish food (I ate mostly kiwi) and unlimited wine and Sangria. Then we went into this quaint, cozy little room, probably only like 50 people and we were right up next to the stage! The dancers wer AMAZING!!! The woman were quite luscious, which I liked! It really added to the culture and feel of the dancing!! The show was just incredible with only a guitar, tambourine, and the female and male singers. So after that it was 1 am and I was POOPED! And had to wake up early the next day to head home (Yes, I was only in Barcelona 24 hours). So the next morning I went to take the bus to the airport but they so politely informed me the bus wouldn’t get me there in time for my flight so I had to pay a cab 200$!!! To take me to the airport! I was pretty bitter after that.
Long story short I got home to Jonkoping and then went straight to Forss for the Halloween preparty! (I was captain underpants). It was fun but i was a bitter girl because of all the stupid money I had spent and how little sleep I had, but then we went to Club Hollywood for a huge Halloween party which was kind of lame, but kind of cool.
So Sunday was a laaazy day. I had tacos with Elin, Brett, and Derek for dinner though which was fun then watched night at the Roxbury with elin and isabelle.
Monday I had school (Micro, which is gonna be hard). But I lost my phone (but then found it without a battery) So joakim (isabelle’s lover) said I could use his phone. So we met up at the Student Hause to make the swap and ending up sitting there and talking for 2 and a half hours!

Me and Johan pretty much hang out every day. He's the best!I feel like we’ve known each other our entire lives. I honestly don’t know what I’m gona do without him, but I really try not to think about it. He and I will be good friends for life, I can tell :)

No comments:

Post a Comment