Monday, November 29, 2010

The most amazing sight I've seen in Sweden!

Sunday I lounged around and went to the gym and when I came out of the gym I saw the most amazing sight ever! The stage in front of handelsbanken was all set up and decorated with different performances going on. There were people dancing to Christmas songs and some girls even did a dance to lady gaga bad romance! There was also live Christmas music and even jazz versions of the songs. The city was decorated beautifully with white lights hanging from the high parts of the building. And it was the perfect soft snow fall that just dusted all of us walking through the town. An there were ppl everwhere! Kids with balloons an cotton candy singing and dancing. There was an “American donuts” stand which me and issy obviously had to go to...even though I had just finished at the gym. There were also these little stands selling random stuff like hats, scarves, necklaces, watches, purses, kids toys. I walked around for a little by myself with a gigantic smile on my face. I probably looked kind of creepy just walking around with this retarded smile. I called issy and told her she needed to get to town asap but she was luckily already on her way to go to the gym—which she ditched to walk around with me :) It was funny because both of our purposed for going to town was the gym but then we ate an insane amount of bad food! We walked around for a good two hours just looking at everything an going into the stores and stuff. We also got hot dogs and hot chocolate to help the homeless, even though it makes me super sick. It was such an amazing evening just listening to the Christmas music and seeing all the decorations, walking through the snow, and seeing all the people :) Then we watched eat pray love at issys! An excellent evening.
I don't have a picture of the festivities..but here's a picture of the snow we have!

No comments:

Post a Comment