Monday, October 4, 2010

I shall never cook again

So most recently I've been learning how to cook and moving on from just pasta and sauce in a can. Last Wednesday I decided to make Jennie's recipe of goulash for Johan and I (I thought he could be my guinea pig). So Dad sent me the recipe and I followed it step by step (I had to improvise with some of the foods that they don't quite have here, like no mushroom soup in a can and no tomato paste). I was SO proud of myself because it tasted soooooooo good and thought wow, I really did inherit the cooking gene from dad. Well, it turns out I think I mildly food poisoned both Johan and I. We both woke up in the middle of the night that night with baaaaaad bowel movements and really sore tummys that lasted the entire next day. Needless to say, I won't be trying to cook that again, and idiot me ate the leftovers the next day, but halfway through decided it maybe wasn't such a good idea.




Then Thursday it was Club Caj (which is only every other Thursday) and we had suuuch a fun time!

Oh, also, Dragon's Den has been ruining my life. Well, both ruining it and making it better. I watched this show pretty much 24-7 for a solid week until I ran out of youtube video clips of it. And as much as it distracted me from doing anything else relatively productive, it also enhanced my presenting skills and ability to deal with investor's objections! I discovered this on Monday when we had a "trade show" at school where we had to present the businesses we've created for our project (ours was the student discount for taxis), and I found myself being able to deal with objections and situations I saw on dragon's den! Sooo why do I subject myself to the student life when I could just watch dragon's den and get an education?

So this Friday I went to the movie theatre for the first time! We went with Elin, Isabelle, Brett, Derek, and my new Canadian friend, Adrian (CanadRian ..haha) he's suuper funny! We saw "the other guys" with will ferrell.it was soo funny! The movies are most expensive here (about 15$) but you can get popocorn AND a drink for 7$. The movie theatres are a lot smaller too, but SUPER comfy seats and lots of leg room!

I'm having a blast here and still love it so much! I'm catching up in my classes and our lectures are done this week!! Exams in 2 weeks..it's going so fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment