Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Weekend

Well we finally got half a day's rest on Saturday. I went to the mall with my roommate and her friend Maia and we had Ikea meatballs! Oh my goodd they were so amazing! Then Saturday there was a big caps tournament and then everyone went out to the club; it was really fun! We were out on the patio and I randomly saw my roommate (Annakaren) walking by so she joined us and then once the club closed we all went back to one of the fadders' houses and showed each other our music for a few hours (they don't really like Canadian/American music). They mostly listen to really cool techno here.
Sunday I got to play paintball for the first time!! I thought I would hate it because I hate that feeling of being chased and hiding and stuff but it was actually really fun! I got shot a bunch of times though..me and Johan had a pretty serious rivalry going and I'm sad to say he won :( I have bruises all over thanks to that bastard. Everyone kind of just went home Sunday night because its been such an insane week, we all needed a night off.
Monday Emilee and I walked around the city for a bit and checked out the little shops which was really fun!! They have so many cute little cafes and shops here. We got lunch at Waynes Coffee which is an awesome spot overlooking the city, lake, and the canal! I love how relaxed Europeans are. There was a bird flying around inside the cooffee shop and no one even cared. Everyone kept on with what they were doing and they were kind of like oh well, there's nothing we can do about it. I love it! Then We got a city bus tour of the city! There aren't even words to describe how beautiful this town is! We saw a whole bunch of parks and stuff and little forrests with trails in them it was awesome! Then me Emilee, Shannon (cdns) and Julie and Amy (Texans) went for lunch at this really cute little place before our night mission with our group! Our mission was a scavenger hunt so we got a list of like 150 things we had to find! Some were easy like pink cell phone, blue and pink socks, bra, batter, but then others you like had to find people and a priest and a picture of us with a mom and a baby stroller. Emilee and I were really good at finding people so we did that mostly. My favourite was we had to find "Dennis" (we had no idea who that was) and propose to him in front of the judges. So we went into the pub and asked her who he was and the girl told us he had dark slicked black hair and a white t-shirt and were just about to run out into the campus but we were like wait a minute, that guy by the door..he has dark long slicked back hair, and hes wearing a white shirt..so I asked if he was dennis and it was him! Then I proposed to him in front of them (and assured him my proposal was real and I actually wanted him to be my Eurohusband). And in the middle of it we'd get little mini challenges for extra points. Our team did really well, though, and found almost all of our items! Then all the people from Raslatt (where i live) went home and went in our sauna (which i dont really like but i was feeling sick so I thought it would help).
Tuesday I had my first day of classes! I really like them sof ar! The teachers have really good English and are pretty funny actually. I have friends in both of my classes so I'm thankful for that! There was a formal dinner that night for all the JIBS students but I accidentally bought the wrong ticket and bought the one for the health students! So Joel (switzerland) and Johan (Gotenburg) and I went to my house and got some stuff for dinner and made dinner with my roommate while we waited for Emilee to be done class. Then Emilee came and we all played games before going to the bar to meet up with those that had gone to the formal sitting. Then I made good friends with the bar owner because when we got there he hadn't put toilet paper in the bathroom so I had to wait so he gave us all free drinks and free coat check! We had an awesome night!
I'm planning on taking it easy today. We have that dinner but I'm not sure I'll go--I'm not really feeling up to dressing up and that but maybe I'll just go for the dinner. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment