Thursday, September 23, 2010

A month already!?

Well, I haven't written much lately because there hasn't been much to write! I realized early last week that holy crap, I actually still need to get good grades while I'm here! So I've spent A LOT of time studying! We've also chopped in half the amount of nights we go out from 4-5 nights to only 2 nights, which is really great for my wallet, my GPA, and my body!

I forgot to tell you guys about johan's birthday! So it was Johan's birthday a couple weeks ago and at first I just thought me and Joel would take him out for dinner, but on his actualy birthday more and more people kept telling me they wanted to come. So like 2 hours before we were supposed to have dinner I decided to make it a surprise party! So we gathered everyone at O'Learys (this really great, cheap sports bar--and there was a football [soccer] game on!) and Johan came over and I asked him if it'd be ok if just he and I went to dinner and he said yes, but then Joel popped out of the bushes so that was surprise #1! And then I told him about the change of venue, because originally we were going to a nice place to eat, but he was fine with it. So then we walked into O'Learys and saw everyone and he was SO surprise! He had a great night! His meal was free (lucky for me b/c I was going to pay for it) and people were buying him beers all night and he just got to drink beer, hang with all friends, and watch a heck of a football game!

I've been going to the gym a lot here! At least 5 times a week doing different classes-- a lot of yoga! I can't wait to be able to do yoga with an English instructor when I get home because it is SO annoying having to open my eyes every 30 seconds to see what the teacher is doing because I can't understand her!

I really can't get enough of the scenary in this town! It's SO beautiful (when it's not raining). And of course, I lost my umbrella week one! But I love just walking through the city and to the dock overlooking Lake Vattern and to all of the little shops. And I'll be getting visitors soon!! Lesley is coming for a couple days the first weekend in October, my friend Duncan is doing a Eurotour so he's stopping in the last week of October and we've booked a flight to barcelona in that time!, and hopefully Mark can come about the first week of November, where we'll go to Paris and Rome, and I'm hoping my grandma, dad, and jennie will be able to visit as well! It'll be so much fun being the tour guide instead of always having people show me around--now I get to show people my city! :)




I can't believe I've already been here a month! It's gone by SO fast--it's really scary. For a while I thought that maybe I'd want to try and stay for another semester, but I think 4 months away is the perfect amount of time away, or as the Swedes would say "lagom". I'm picking up Swedish pretty quickly and quite well! I'm finally getting down the seemingly IMPOSSIBLE intonation! I miss my family a lot though, but soon enough I'll be home :) I had a dream last night that Sweden got rid of all of its traditional chocolate and instead smartened up and started importing Reese's cups! That's a sign of a girl who misses the deliciousness of home. But they have some AMAZING choclate here--it's dangerous!

Last night was Wednesday, which is night out at the school pub. It was really fun! The thing I love about the clubs here is that people and guys aren't as gross as they are in Windsor. Like whenever you dance with a boy here it's like tango or salsa or some kind of ballroom, even to songs like lady gaga! They all know how to dance and it's very refreshing!

I'm meeting Veronika today for lunch (we have lunch once a week). She's the girl who came to Windsor on exchange and she's from Sweden. It's fun being able to talk about home with someone who knows what I'm talking about. I've also recently discovered that our friend Forss is an AMAZING cook, so I think me and Johan are going to pick up some groceries and bring them to Forss' for Forss to cook them!

I'll try to start writing more often, even if it's boring stuff because I'd like to have this to look back on when I'm home as well :)

Miss you all to smitherines!!!
xoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxo

1 comment: